Friday, April 14, 2006

Well, Happy Easter to me!

Growing up without religion, Easter in my household was about the Easter Basket and getting together with family to eat. We always had an Easter Egg hunt and collected real eggs. Instead of hoarding candy it was all about the competition among my siblings and cousins. Once the eggs were collected and counted, the winner received ten bucks from my uncle and the eggs were used for potato salad. The potato salad, in all its pastel glory, was always delicious.

Family has dwindled down and over the years has also settled down. People pass away, move away and create new families. Things have become different but it's always a nice time, visiting with family. I have opted for no Easter Basket this year, instead I am swinging by a local bakery to pick up some sugar cookies. Not just sugar cookies, but melt-in-your mouth, premimum, addictive, unbeliveable, perfect sugar cookies. I should also be receiving a package in the mail today from my favorite lingerie site, Agent Provocateur. Their new line, Confetti, is very sweet and sexy in pink. I also bought a few spring dresses this week and cannot wait to wear them. Though I am no Patty Duke, I am delighted to find the 1950s style dresses and skirts back in style. They are so simple and lovable, slightly sexy in an "I know what you have under there" way. The attire from that era is uncomplicated and feminine, like this updated dress:

I am hoping the weather warms up over the next couple of weeks so I can wear some of my new clothes.

Kate

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's hope the end of April weather in Boston will be perfect for those lovable spring dresses you chose. Bringing one or two?

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home