Thursday, May 25, 2006

Kate needs a vacay.

Really, I do.

I need to get away for a bit. Somewhere different, special, a place I've not been before. I have several vacation destinations on my list. They include, but are not limited to: Costa Rica, Greece, Italy, Galapagos Islands, Fiji, Africa and India.

It's been several months since I have been able to leave the country or go someplace interesting. Owning a home makes travel difficult, there is always something needing your attention and money. Before owning a home, I travelled at least three times per year, not including domestic travel to visit friends and family.

As a child we did not travel often. I was a teenager before I made it onto a plane for the first time. Over the next several years, I spent a lot of time visiting new destinations in the United States, even moving around to different states. Once I saw everthing I wanted to see at the time, I traveled overseas. It was a big deal for me and still is. Though I wish I traveled as a child, I wonder if I had, would I be so accustomed to it that I no longer found it interesting, but just . . . there?

Kate

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I imagine you putting those destination names (Costa Rica, Greece, Italy, Galapagos Islands, Fiji, Africa, India) on magnets on your refrigerator in a priority list that shifts daily - then one day Greece bubbles to the top and you are suddenly off to the Aegean Sea. Or maybe you add France at the 9th hour, and it is destination Provence.

No? It will be India! Off to Jaipur, and then to Udaipur for high tea in the Crystal gallery overlooking Lake Pichola?

Do you want ancient cities, islands or quiet countryside?

Your camera? Will your blog display photos after your return from the adventure?

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home