Friday, September 01, 2006

I've been told several times that I remind people of Natalie Maines (the newer, thinner version -- I've been reminded to say), the lead singer of The Dixie Chicks. They say we look alike in many ways, at least resembling one another. I'm also told our personalities seem similar, we're both vertically challenged, a little fiesty and unafraid of the truth.

I'll take it as a compliment.

Their Bush-Bashing was such a joke. I won't go into it because I'm not in the mood for a political debate. I'll just say that if you're going to support the president and the current government, then you should probably go ahead and support The First Amendment of the United States Constitution, too.

I happen to adore The Dixie Chicks, I always have. They are fine musicians, excellent song writers, are genuinely talented and not afraid to step outside the box. Their albums are hardly edited and they play their own musical instruments. They've withstood the test of time, crossed musical borders from folk, to country, to pop and rock. Though they probably won't have NASCAR, Wal-Mart or Entemans as concert sponsors anytime soon, I think they'll be just fine.

This video is excellent (just hit the play button on the left). It reminds me of the pages of Highlight Magazine where as a kid I had to find all of the different objects hidden in the picture. Note the use of color (black and white and occasionally, red), the reference to The Salem Witch Trials, the paint on the hands, etc.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and Natalie Maines do have some magic looks and traits in common. But you are a wonderful original, Kate. Can't trump your soul and persona. I can imagine listening to the Dixie Chicks with you. Wow! I'm wild about their music too. Glad you attached the video.

BTW, thanks for the tip (somewhere else) about Little Miss Sunshine. Will see it very soon. Added joy of seeing Alin Arkin in the film!

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home